Business Continuity: Expect the Unexpected
Question: How do organizations continue to function in the event of a major disruption? Answer: By executing their Business Continuity Plans. But first, you must have one. Learn the types of disruptions that can affect an ongoing business operation and how to develop a strategy to handle these unforeseen occurrences. We will discuss Business Continuity vs. Disaster Recovery, the principles of emergency management (awareness, preparation, mitigation, response, & recovery), the components of a Business Continuity Plan and what you need to do to get started developing a plan.
This session can also be tailored to the following industries:
- Association Management
- Building and Property Management
- Plant and Facility Management
- Credit Unions and Community Banks
- Public Relations and Crisis Communications
- Meeting and Event Management
- Conference and Meeting Facilities
- State & County Fairs and Expositions
- Houses of Worship - Churches, Synagogues, etc.
- ANY small to medium size businesses
Session participants will:
- Understand the principles of disaster management and how they apply to Business Continuity Planning and effective risk management;
- Learn the components of a Business Continuity Plan and how to develop one;
- “Be exposed” to the Threats and Hazards that can impact an organization;
- Understand the importance of creating, maintaining, and testing a Business Continuity Plan;
- Discuss lessons learned from both previously experienced disasters and future disasters that could affect their organization.
Length: 60 to 90 minutes
Audience: This session is positioned for entry-level attendees through those with some business continuity planning knowledge.